Greek Spinach Pasta Salad
- 8 ounce fresh baby spinach
- 15 ounce can Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pound pasta, cooked
- Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- salt and pepper
Grate the lemons, taking off only the yellow part. Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
In a large serving bowl combine spinach, beans, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, garlic, lemon peel and juice, oil, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cover; let stand at room temperature while preparing pasta or up to 2 hours; stirring occasionally.
Just before serving, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Toss cooked pasta and pasta water with spinach salad mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with Parmesan cheese.