Tuesday, September 8, 2009

pesto pasta salad

Pesto Pasta Salad 
from My Kitchen cafe

1 12 oz. package Pasta Rotini, tri colored, cooked and drained
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1 can black olives, sliced
¼ cups red onion, finely diced
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
6 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
4 tablespoons basil pesto
2/3 cup creamy Caesar dressing
2 teaspoons sauté spice (equal parts black pepper, salt, and garlic powder)
½-1 cup toasted pine nuts

Cook pasta and coat with Caesar dressing while warm. Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the pine nuts) and toss. Top with toasted pine nuts.

***I obviously didn't use the tri color pasta cause I couldn't find it at Safeway, weird! I also left out the pine nuts. I think this would be fabulous with some chopped artichoke hearts, and/or chunks of cheese! cause, anything is better with a little cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment