Ingredients• 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
• 3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
• 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
• 1 1/4 cups 2% milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 3 large eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If desired, line cupcake pans with paper liners. You may also spray cupcake pas with a butter and flour combination spray that can be found in your local grocery store.
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds while scraping bowl. Mix at high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl every minute.
Spoon cupcake batter into liners until they are 1/2 to 2/3 full. You should have enough batter for 24-36 cupcakes.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes in pans then move to wire rack to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Frosting
from All Recipes.com
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer. Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.